Employee Hourly Attendance By Barcode Scan
The proposed project is a system that keeps a track of employees’ attendance using barcode scanner. This concept set forth to automate the traditional attendance system of taking signature by using authentication technique. The traditional system requires a register maintained for manually signing the attendance by the employees which is time consuming. Hence this proposed project eliminates the need of maintaining attendance sheet.The proposed system uses barcode method for authenticating employees with a unique barcode that represents their unique id. Every employee will have their attendance card. They have to scan their cards using barcode scanner and the system notes down their attendance as per date and time. System stores employee’s attendance details and generates brief report for admin as required. Such kind of application is very useful in organizations or corporations for taking daily attendance.
- Employees will be more regular as the system notes down the time along with the attendance.
- Since now no attendance sheet signature is required, so no other person can make an attendance on behalf of others as barcodes are unique for every employee.
- No need to maintain attendance sheet as the attendance are electronically stored in database.
- The system helps the admin to easily find out latecomers.
- Admin can easily get attendance history of a particular employee.
- It saves time, cost, efforts and organization resources.
- The only disadvantage is that it requires a barcode reader to access the system.